New to Hiller New to forum

General talk about the Hiller helicopter

Re: New to Hiller New to forum

Postby swed » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks-
This is exciting, Ive talked to pat about the E on his property, if this market is like every thing else, there is no reason to pay full price, well,
maybe for a good Hiller. If I can get the holes to line up, this will happen.
Swed
swed

Postby mud » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Not real sure what Hiller you guys are maligning in Jerome, ID. Neither my son or myself has had any contact with "swed" concerning our D that is for sale, unless he is using another name. We haven't seen any other Hillers in the area in the 28 months we've hangared it at the Jerome Co. airport, so I assume that it is ours that swed and Ricky May are referring to. As of Feb. 19th, 2009, when we completed the annual inspection, the TT RMNG on the M/R BLADES was 1151 and 1563. The HOURS REMAINING in the 1000 hr OVERHAUL PERIOD were 829 and 511. The HUB had 773 TT RMNG. The MAIN ROTOR HEAD ASSY had 720 HOURS REMAINING in the 1200 hr OVERHAUL PERIOD. While this is not a new machine, it is a total misrepresentation to imply that it is museum piece, and I resent that inference. Actually, to be accurate, I should have adjusted those times to reflect the 5 hours that it has flown since Feb. 19, 2009. Anyone interested in a great performing 12D, give me a call at (907)617-3511 or my son at (208)358-3179. Mark Murdock
mud

Postby Plumberpilot » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Mark
You misinterpreted the thread, the point was what will your Helicopter be worth after the 1000 hrs the man said he was going to fly. I'm certainly not knocking your D it's just lacking the kind of times he said he needed. Your ship is properly priced and has good times remaining for the price however my advice was to pay more up front especially knowing you are going to fly 1000 hrs off of it. I stand by my words and advice sorry you see it otherwise. I've got no beef with you or your helicopter but you tell the man what it'll be worth after 1000 hours, that was his question, he'll have 1 M/R blade with 500 remaining and will have had to buy a different head 300hrs before the 1000 mark. Like I said before and I'll say it again your Helicopter is fairly priced and a good value for someone looking for reasonably priced ship, it's just not the right fit for these conditions in my opnion. I'm sorry if you're offended I hope this clears it up a little.
Ricky
Plumberpilot

Postby swed » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:24 am

Mark-
Again I couldnt have said it any better than Ricky. I know your helicopter is good but at present time it suffers from what all Hillers suffer from,
lack of support from Hiller and a lack of spare parts. My question is what do I do with a Hiller when the components need to be replaced? If Parts
were readily available and even close to being affordable I would have by now made you an offer, probably a full price offer. But then if parts were
readily available and Hiller actually supported the machine the asking price of the helicopter probably wouldnt be affordable for me. So In my opinion
that is the problem. Again no harm was meant towards you or your helicopter. I can afford to buy your Hiller I just cant come close to affording the
maintenance of a Hiller under the manufacturers lack of support and parts availability condition. I am only looking for ideas, not to ruffle any feathers
and sorry if I did.
Swed
(253) 549 7669
swed

Postby mud » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:34 am

Gentlemen: My apologies for the tone of my post. However, my personal opinion is that forcasting the value of a helicopter,any helicopter, in 1000 hrs is better left to a fortune teller. Because this site is generally discussing the merits of 40 year old or older machines, it is even more of a crapshoot. The D we have for sale has put on 170+ hours in 28 months, a much higher number than most personal Hillers accumulate is my guess, and its just a guess! The point being, and again I state I've never communicated with Swed, to put 1000 hours on a machine is probably a matter of many months or more likley, years. To accurately place a value on the machine after that is a fools errand. Even a zero timed machine from Pat at Fort Worth, will have gone through a set of TT pins. (I don't know what the new TT pins Soloy is coming out with will cost or have for time limits) In our case, there would be two sets of TT pins. But who is to say not three sets? There are just too many variables to this equation. What is the proposed use of the machine? Timebuilder, cherry dryer, setting air conditioning units in Tibet? Where will it be kept? Will it be maintained by the owner or will he pay a shop? On and on! So Ricky is correct in his implication that the Robinson would offer the best shot of having a ballpark idea of a machines worth in 1000 hours, or maybe he is just stating the obvious, that the newest, lowest time machine offers the best chance of having the highest percentage of a saleable collection of parts at the end of 1000hrs. While Ricky had one of my MRB's gone at 1000hrs, I hope he doesn't know something I don't, they actually would have 151 and 563 left, that is a lot of time left, probably a couple years for most of us, but even if you hauled the machine to the dump after the the hub times out at 773 you would have only spent $103.49/hour for the machine. But we all know that there would be many other checks written before that number was an accurate reflection of what it cost to get to 1000 hrs and then what the value was at the end of that 1000 hrs but even more elusive, what someone would pay. Good Luck!
mud

Postby Plumberpilot » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:12 am

Mark thanks for the math correction and I can assure you I know nothing you don't know:-) I also agree with you that 150+ hrs is guite a bit of time for the average private helicopter. Good luck with the sale.
Ricky
Plumberpilot

Previous

Return to Hiller Talk