any body flying

General talk about the Hiller helicopter

any body flying

Postby al morrison » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:34 pm

monday feb 2 2009 0930 at tauton airport heavey fog temp 33 no wind pre heated 941m and waited for fog to lift heard a airplane going around and around about 6 time and he made 1 missed aproach at 1030 fog lifted some , the plane landed the polit got out and said he would never fly again. so i got in 941m and lifted of and had a get day the tem got to 56 and clear blue sky a wind 5 knots out of the south. Did 5 auto to the ground and some hoving autos then went out and landed on the lake .it is frozen Loged 1.4 hiller
al morrison

Re: any body flying

Postby Plumberpilot » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 pm

I guess the lack of respondents might answer your question. I just got mine out of annual and flew it about 8 miles to my heliport 13VG. I've been trying to get out but "things" keep getting in the way. I need to shoot a few autos too, but I always power recover at a few feet. I'd love to take it to the ground but I've just never done it. I've let the aviation fun go for most of the winter, I also need to shoot a few approaches in the Mooney in the next few days to retain my IFR currency. I just need to do it and guit thinking about it.
Plumberpilot

Re: any body flying

Postby Carl.M » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:01 pm

Glad to hear that you're out and about Al. I'm happy some GA pilots are out playing in the sky. Down by me, if it wasn't for the occasional corporate jet flying by the sky looks like the day after 911. My prop business is very slow if not stalled although I have been doing some vibration analysis on some locomotives recently. If aircraft prices keep dropping then I'll have to go out and buy one.

Cool vibes,
Carl
Look for me on www.barnstormers.com
Carl.M

Return to Hiller Talk