Hibernation

General talk about the Hiller helicopter

Hibernation

Postby Robert West » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:19 pm

OK guys, hibernation over. My heart skipped when I saw someone on the forum in january, only to read an ad for a Polish penis enlarger for sale. (The administator resolved the problem).
There are more conversations about Hiller on pprune in the UK than on this dedicated site. Unfortunately most of the pprune forum content is unuseful, howver at least someone is talking Hiller.
How are you guys? Happy new year. talk to me.
Bob.
BobW.
Robert West

Re: Hibernation

Postby adam32 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:09 am

Hey Bob,

Doing pretty good on this side of the pond. My Hiller is running and flying great, super smooth. Moving her up north next week for a frost contract for about 90 days or so. Then hopefully someone will wanna buy her from me!!
adam32

Postby Robert West » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:03 pm

Adam, thanks fo the response.
Use this site to advertise your HIller.
It's free, and it will reach a wide audiance.
Thanks again,
Bob.
BobW.
Robert West

Postby Robert West » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Adam,
When you posted in november last year with web site, I couldn't find any pics of the Hiller. What have I missed.
Thanks,
Bob.
BobW.
Robert West

Postby lowerupham » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:17 am

Hey guys I have just posted some photos (via the administrator) of one Hiller that is coming out of hibernation, N5315V which is just nearing the completion of a overhaul by the Vanguard team. During the early run-ups we are having oiling problems with No. 4 Cylinder on a overhauled Franklin. Any ideas folks?
lowerupham

Postby adam32 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Robert West wrote:Hi Adam,
When you posted in november last year with web site, I couldn't find any pics of the Hiller. What have I missed.
Thanks,
Bob.

Hey Bob, there are actually some pics on this site in the gallery section (I forgot)...N57CD...
adam32

Postby CopterDr. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 am

Still living and breathing UH12E/Soloy's, Getting ready for the '10 season. Hopefully this year will bring new hope for operators of the type in the free world of good things to come. With the UH12/ its all good..
CopterDr.

Postby adam32 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:10 am

CopterDr. wrote:Still living and breathing UH12E/Soloy's, Getting ready for the '10 season. Hopefully this year will bring new hope for operators of the type in the free world of good things to come. With the UH12/ its all good..

You ever need anymore pilots up there...? :D
adam32

Postby CopterDr. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:13 pm

PM me and I will get you some info on where to send a Resume', and other info.
CopterDr.

Postby Plumberpilot » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi folks,

I've got N67087 in the shop for the annual inspection. I flew her a whopping 13 hrs last year so when you rundown the costs..uh...yes it's been cold and snowy here in Va. looking forward to spring. What can I say, I love owning the old girl even though I don't fly her much. I used to tell myself (and my wife) I would find something useful to do with her and I guess I have :D

Happy flying!
Ricky
Plumberpilot

Postby Helopilot » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:06 am

Coming out of hibernation..per your request.
Sometimes when you dont get the chance to fly enough, you start to wonder if the old bird is worth keeping...
Just got in from the perfect flight. Have not been able to fly for the last 3 months do to weather and work. I pulled out the Hiller and she fired right up. Hovered for about 10 min. and then took off over the country side. a perfect evening flight. Nice cool evening.... sun going down, the sky going from a red/orange glow down to black...coming back to the pad with landing lights and position lights on....A nice evening flight to remind me why I purchased my hiller years ago.
Helopilot

Return to Hiller Talk