A new member with a new Hiller purchase

General talk about the Hiller helicopter

A new member with a new Hiller purchase

Postby Maplewood Farm » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:30 pm

I recently purchased a Hiller UH-12C that is being rebuilt and should be ready at the end of Nov. I have never flown a helicopter, but was fortunate to be able to take lessons at a nearby airport in a Hiller like mine. I am excited about seeing mine for the first time as I was kept informed with pictures and the progress. United Helicopter is under a new owner and my experience with them has been pleasant. I decided to purchase one of their helicopters after a friend observed one that they had at Sun-n-fun and said it was beautiful. I have my own landing field in Durham, Ct and the Hiller will have to share a hangar with a J3.
Maplewood Farm

Re: A new member with a new Hiller purchase

Postby Plumberpilot » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 am

Hi there,
Congratulations on the new Hiller. Hope it's still on schedule I have a D model I keep at 13VG in Va. Have fun with the new toy!
Ricky
Plumberpilot

Postby Maplewood Farm » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello Ricky, Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to it. Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Maplewood Farm » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:36 pm

I recently went to Sarasota to United Helicopter to look at my Hiller for the first time and it was what I expected, a beautiful helicopter. I was given the red carpet treatment, everyone was very helpful. I got to fly it for three hours with their instructor which was enjoyable. I would have liked to stay longer, but was worried about a (blizzard) in Connecticut. We are waiting for some decent weather to have it delivered to my home.Hopefully it will be soon.
Maplewood Farm

Postby Plumberpilot » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Charlie that sounds like fun are you going to fly it home?
Plumberpilot

Postby Maplewood Farm » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Ricky, United Helicopter is delivering it on a trailer. They were planning on doing it this weekend, but the weather and temp is not that favorable so they are planning on next weekend. I have a total of 10 hrs in the hiller at this time. Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Plumberpilot » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:27 am

Sorry to hear about the delay. Fly it often and enjoy it. I used to think I needed a reason to fly and subsequently I didn't fly as much as I should have. I've developed a good reason to fly now....because I own a helicopter :D Check out my website

www.skyshotshelicopters.com

There's also a YouTube video of me taking off from my heliport I didn't know it existed till today I was surfing YouTube and found it quite a surprise.
Go to YouTube and search UH12D and you'll see it the quality isn't very good but hey it's cool anyway.

Ricky
Plumberpilot

Postby Maplewood Farm » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Ricky, Went to your website and also watched the Utube, very nice. Thanks for the advice about flying it a lot. I always feel guilty flying my cub and I know what you are saying about a reason to fly. I hope I can get over that and fly the Hiller more. Hopefully they will deliver it this weekend. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby David Doty » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Hello Charlie.

I am getting a UH 12B from United Helicopters. I would be interested in hearing how you like yours now that you've had it a few months. Thanks, David Doty
David Doty

Postby Maplewood Farm » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:22 am

David, Welcome to the Hiller owners. I just got my Hiller delivered last Saturday and we had a lot of snow and cold since and it will probably be awhile before I can get it out and run it. I did go down to United a few weeks ago and fly it for 3 hrs with Joanna. I was very happy with it and the people at United were very helpful and treated me very well. After I put some time on it, I will let you know how things are going. I hope you enjoy yours. If you bought MQ I saw it and it was sharp. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby al morrison » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:47 pm

hello charlie this is al morrison up in plymouth mass with hiller n941m i had it for 12 years if any ? you can e mail at almcaptain@gmail .com i get down your way a lot we have a flying school in plymouth and norwood get a lot maintenance done in meriden heliport
thanks and good luck al morrison
al morrison

Postby Maplewood Farm » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 am

Hello Al, Thank you fo the reply. I will have some questions for you and it's nice to hear you are close by. I would like to hear about your experience with the Hiller and get some advice. I will keep in touch. Thanks again, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby David Doty » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:34 am

Charlie,

When I was at United Helicopter a couple of weeks ago, where was a white B model with tan seats (N84735) that was getting ready to be shipped out. Is that yours?

Dave Doty
David Doty

Postby Maplewood Farm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:06 pm

David, Yes that was mine, N94735. I would kike to get it out and at least run it, but we have so much snow on the ground and it's been cold. I don't have heat in my hangar so I need to figure out how to preheat it. Are you in PA? Regards, Charlie, Durham, Ct.
Maplewood Farm

Postby David Doty » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:43 pm

No sir, I am in Lakeland, Florida.

Dave
David Doty

Next

Return to Hiller Talk