A new member with a new Hiller purchase

General talk about the Hiller helicopter

Re: A new member with a new Hiller purchase

Postby ron andress » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 pm

Hello Charlie hope you get some good weather soon to put a few hours on your heli. I had planned on a trip down to United a few weeks ago but didnt make it due to bad weather. We plow snow here in north east Pa I am currently thinking about
A trip to sun n fun to look over the hillers from united. I would be interested in hearing more about your hiller as you get to put some time on it as i am seriously considering a purchase. Have a great day and safe flying.
ron andress

Postby Maplewood Farm » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Hello Ron, Snowing again today, but I'm sure you won't complain. I'll let you know how things are going with mine when I get a chance to run it. I just sit in it for now and not too long as my hangar is unheated. I have my own grass strip and everytime I plow it it snows again. I believe Jeff Heck said they were going to have two at Sun&fun, but you can talk to him before that. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby ron andress » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Hello Charlie. Hang in there spring is coming. Just confirmed plans to go to sun n fun i will contact united before i go down. Looking forward to hearing kore about your experience. Take care. Ron
ron andress

Postby Maplewood Farm » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Ron, I hope you enjoy Sun N Fun. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Maplewood Farm » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:52 pm

Well I finally got to fly my Hiller last Sat March 8th. The temperature in my hangar was 25 degrees, so I started preheating it @ 6am. When we started it up @ 11, it started easy and it was warmed up nicely. We did some hovering and a few takeoffs. Everything worked well. I'm going to have to wait for the ground to dry out before I can get it out again. Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby ron andress » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello Charlie, we just made it back from Sun N Fun and had a ball. I went down to United Helicopter and met the crew and had a chance to fly with Joanna. We have a helicopter on order, but they sold both of the ones they had at the show so it will be a little while until I can get one. I plan on going back down to finish my ticket with Joanna at some point before that. Probably won't see it flying before next spring but I have a lot to do to get ready so the time will go fast. I would be interested in talking with you via telephone if you would be willing to do so, please get in touch with me. My cell is 570-336-7051 anytime between 7am and 10 pm eastern time.

Thank you and I hope you have been enjoying your helicopter.

Ron Andress
ron andress

Postby ron andress » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I would like to get a service manual and a complete parts manual for a UH-12 B C anyone know a source for this?
ron andress

Postby rickferrin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 am

Hello Charlie. Welcome to the world of Hiller. I, too, just ordered one from UH during Sun-N-Fun. My wife and I are headed to SRQ this Friday to have a flight and look around. We're very much looking forward to it.
Rick
rickferrin

Postby ron andress » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:33 am

Hello Rick congratulations on your Hiller you will enjoy flying with Joanna and the UH crew they are very nice people. We are in northeastern Pa , what part of the country are you from? Did they give you any idea on a time frame for your build yet? Keep us updated on the progress.
ron andress

Postby ron andress » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:37 am

Charlie looks like the weather is beginning to clear a little so hopefully you can soon fly a couple times a week. Good luck and be safe
ron andress

Postby rickferrin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:42 am

I live in Central Florida...St Cloud. So it's fairly easy to drop by over the next 12+ months to have a look a the progress. I should have given the deposit at the BEGINNING of SnF, not the end :)
rickferrin

Postby Maplewood Farm » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Hello Rick, Charlie here. Congratulations on your purchase. I hope everything goes as well as it did for me. It will be nice to be able to check up on it as it is being built. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby rickferrin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:39 am

My wife and I flew down to Dove Heliport today and had a lesson with Joanna, their Chief Flight Instructor. A great bunch of folk. Very enjoyable.
rickferrin

Postby Maplewood Farm » Sun May 25, 2014 11:26 pm

I was signed off for solo and as we all know that is interesting whether it is a helicopter or airplane. We did some hovering and takeoffs and landings and then my instructor said let me out, so off I went. Everything went well and I have flown twice since then. The helicopter is running well and everytime I fly it I enjoy it more. Regards to all, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Plumberpilot » Mon May 26, 2014 12:02 am

Great news keep flying don't look for a reason to fly just fly. I wasted years of ownership telling myself I needed a reason to fly now I walk by it and decide its a good day to fly even when I had no skyward intentions.
Plumberpilot

PreviousNext

Return to Hiller Talk