hiller vibs

Everything about maintenance

hiller vibs

Postby al morrison » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:36 pm

hi guys this is 941m had a lot of trouble getting back on the site but it working now .now for the hiller vib in the main rotar i got a hold of carl mauro in hudson valley aviation he came up with steve ginn and put the DSS micro vib system on the hiller 12 b and after run up found it to be way eay out the main and paddle this is after the chardwick was done 5 hours ago. and was told it was good to go. we put the weights on and removed what was called for boy that micro vib sys is nice it is the way to go NO VIBES in hover . :D :D
just whis the plugs would not foul ..
if any one is intrested in the systen let me know carl will travel
al morrison

Postby Carl.M » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:24 pm

:shock: Hi Al thanks for the plug. Wish we had a little more daylight and a smoother engine that day.

I think the Micro Vibe impressed us both. Here are the stats for you’re your balance job.

To start with you had a lateral vibration of 0.787 Inches per Second (IPS) which is way out of tolerance. Acceptable for props, rotors and tail rotors is 0.20 IPS or less. We finished with a lateral vibe of 0.127 IPS. The vertical vibe was a little high with a reading of 0.283 IPS.

What really impresses me is the track. Initially we had a ground track spread of 0.527â€
Look for me on www.barnstormers.com
Carl.M

Postby Rod Baker » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:47 pm

could you post some info on the micro vibe, and I couldnt find you on Barnstomers
Rod Baker

Postby Carl.M » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:32 pm

I will Rod as soon as I have a little time to spare.

Carl

OBTW My ad is back on Barnstormers.
Look for me on www.barnstormers.com
Carl.M

Postby NRE » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:44 am

I had Steve use the Microvibe on my Hiller B model. Best thing I have ever done to my Hiller. Best money I have ever spent.
NRE

Return to Maintenance