operating reserves

Everything about maintenance

operating reserves

Postby b747pilot » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:02 am

Can someone give me an idea of what I should set aside for a 12E for maintenance (assuming a low time aircraft)? Same question for a 12E Soloy. A general ballpark # is all I'm looking for. $200/HR? Thanks mucho.

Mike
b747pilot

Re: operating reserves

Postby CopterDr. » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:31 pm

b747pilot wrote:Can someone give me an idea of what I should set aside for a 12E for maintenance (assuming a low time aircraft)? Same question for a 12E Soloy. A general ballpark # is all I'm looking for. $200/HR? Thanks mucho.

Mike

I would say 200/hr is a good reserve for a piston 12E, 300/hr is a good reserve for a Soloy. That is just taking into consideration the cost of materials(parts, and Ovehaul) over the life times of the various parts that make up the aircraft. Other significant questions are cost of Insurance, fuel, oil, and other operational factors. You would want to consider the cost of an average annual, I would budget at least 5,000.00 and divide by the number of anticipated usage in a year, then maybe figure at least 1,500.00 for each 100 hour, unless you are able to do it all yourself, but still it is time needing ot be factored in, in any case.
CopterDr.

Return to Maintenance