tail rotor adjustment

Everything about maintenance

tail rotor adjustment

Postby N922TE » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:26 pm

we have noticed that our uh12c has very little left pedal and wants to go right. does anyone know what the proper adjustment should be?
N922TE
N922TE

Postby ted.stokes » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:03 am

I would recommend you go through the rigging in the service manual on page 155 para 2-275.

A quick check is clamp your pedals in a neutral position (align the pedals).
Laterally level your aircraft. Check the tail rotor shaft that is level just outboard the T/R gearbox seal.

Standing behind the tail boom, looking at the blade pointing aft, Neutral is 6 degrees to the right (positive). (clockwise is positive with relationship to the rotorshaft and the chord line of the blade). Unclamp the pedals and measure full left pedal should be 15 degrees to the right (positive) and full left pedal is 3 degrees to the left (negative). The degree measurement is taken along the chord line of the blade. The blades move positive and negative 9 degrees from neutral. Make sure you check both blades. Hiller recommends special tool 92177 in figure 2-63A to measure the angles. I fabricated the tool before I purchased a used tool. If you need the measurements of the tool, send me an email.

Ted
N6417V
A&P IA
ted.stokes

Return to Maintenance