Looking for "D" model to buy!

Hiller's for sale

Looking for "D" model to buy!

Postby HELO » Tue May 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Greetings to all of you Hiller Owners.
I have owned 4 Hillers so far, and look forward to finding that last one that I will keep till my children sell it!
Thats why I am looking for a "D" model. I know they are scarce, thats why I am hoping you can help me.

An "E" is an alternative, but I'd just like to find that elusive "D" !

I currently own 2- Hughes 269A and would be willing to trade one or both for the bird of my dreams.

I love to talk about the Hillers, and can only pray that the factory will someday start producing more ships. Maybe the China deal will be the answer????

QUESTION: I have heard rumors, (actually I spoke with the factory about 5 years ago) about the possibilioty of putting a Lyc 0360 in a "C" model. Has anyone else heard anything about this???

Thank you
HELO
HELO
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Grandview, TX.

Re: Looking for "D" model to buy!

Postby adam32 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:28 am

HELO wrote:Greetings to all of you Hiller Owners.
I have owned 4 Hillers so far, and look forward to finding that last one that I will keep till my children sell it!
Thats why I am looking for a "D" model. I know they are scarce, thats why I am hoping you can help me.

An "E" is an alternative, but I'd just like to find that elusive "D" !

I currently own 2- Hughes 269A and would be willing to trade one or both for the bird of my dreams.

I love to talk about the Hillers, and can only pray that the factory will someday start producing more ships. Maybe the China deal will be the answer????

QUESTION: I have heard rumors, (actually I spoke with the factory about 5 years ago) about the possibilioty of putting a Lyc 0360 in a "C" model. Has anyone else heard anything about this???

Thank you
HELO


Any chance you want to lease/rent out one of your A models for about 200 hours?

I flew a 12C turbo a few days ago and its a pretty cool bird. I don't know of any D's for sale though.

Also haven't heard anything about the 0360's being installed either.
adam32
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:03 am
Location: California

Re: Looking for "D" model to buy!

Postby CopterDr. » Thu May 22, 2008 10:46 pm

We operate several Hiller Soloy and some Bell 47 Soloy helicopters, the factory as far as I am concerned does not exist, at least not for the fleet operators. We are really dissatisfied with the level of support from the Type Certificate Holder. I hear there may be some PMA parts available in the near future for the Hillers out there. If it is coming from anywhere but China or Firebaugh, CA, there may be some hope for us all yet!
Good luck in your search.
Greetings to all of you Hiller Owners.
I have owned 4 Hillers so far, and look forward to finding that last one that I will keep till my children sell it!
Thats why I am looking for a "D" model. I know they are scarce, thats why I am hoping you can help me.

An "E" is an alternative, but I'd just like to find that elusive "D" !

I currently own 2- Hughes 269A and would be willing to trade one or both for the bird of my dreams.

I love to talk about the Hillers, and can only pray that the factory will someday start producing more ships. Maybe the China deal will be the answer????

QUESTION: I have heard rumors, (actually I spoke with the factory about 5 years ago) about the possibilioty of putting a Lyc 0360 in a "C" model. Has anyone else heard anything about this???

Thank you
HELO[/quote]
CopterDr.
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: ORE, USA

Re: Looking for "D" model to buy!

Postby HELO » Fri May 23, 2008 1:07 pm

adam32 wrote:
HELO wrote:Greetings to all of you Hiller Owners.
I have owned 4 Hillers so far, and look forward to finding that last one that I will keep till my children sell it!
Thats why I am looking for a "D" model. I know they are scarce, thats why I am hoping you can help me.

An "E" is an alternative, but I'd just like to find that elusive "D" !

I currently own 2- Hughes 269A and would be willing to trade one or both for the bird of my dreams.

I love to talk about the Hillers, and can only pray that the factory will someday start producing more ships. Maybe the China deal will be the answer????

QUESTION: I have heard rumors, (actually I spoke with the factory about 5 years ago) about the possibilioty of putting a Lyc 0360 in a "C" model. Has anyone else heard anything about this???

Thank you
HELO


Any chance you want to lease/rent out one of your A models for about 200 hours?

I flew a 12C turbo a few days ago and its a pretty cool bird. I don't know of any D's for sale though.

Also haven't heard anything about the 0360's being installed either.


Sorry, my 269's are strictly personal play toys. Don't want to bite off on the insurance.
Liability and hangar coverage is bad enough:):):)
HELO
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Grandview, TX.

Re: Looking for "D" model to buy!

Postby HELO » Fri May 23, 2008 1:09 pm

I understand. I just wish I had the money to buy the TC for the Hiller line. I believe Hiller could be top of the heap with just a bit of marketing.
Anyone interested in getting an LLC together to buy the TC? We'll probably only need 20 mil or so...
Any investment bankers read this forum?



CopterDr. wrote:We operate several Hiller Soloy and some Bell 47 Soloy helicopters, the factory as far as I am concerned does not exist, at least not for the fleet operators. We are really dissatisfied with the level of support from the Type Certificate Holder. I hear there may be some PMA parts available in the near future for the Hillers out there. If it is coming from anywhere but China or Firebaugh, CA, there may be some hope for us all yet!
Good luck in your search.
Greetings to all of you Hiller Owners.
I have owned 4 Hillers so far, and look forward to finding that last one that I will keep till my children sell it!
Thats why I am looking for a "D" model. I know they are scarce, thats why I am hoping you can help me.

An "E" is an alternative, but I'd just like to find that elusive "D" !

I currently own 2- Hughes 269A and would be willing to trade one or both for the bird of my dreams.

I love to talk about the Hillers, and can only pray that the factory will someday start producing more ships. Maybe the China deal will be the answer????

QUESTION: I have heard rumors, (actually I spoke with the factory about 5 years ago) about the possibilioty of putting a Lyc 0360 in a "C" model. Has anyone else heard anything about this???

Thank you
HELO
[/quote]
HELO
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Grandview, TX.

Postby Robert West » Fri May 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Adam,
If that TC ever comes available, I have no doubt we could raise the ante, provided the plan stacked up.
What a step forward that would be.
Bob.
BobW.
Robert West
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Hampshire. UK

Postby Plumberpilot » Sun May 25, 2008 3:07 am

Hi Helo

Let me know a little about your 269As. I've got a nice D that is current and I'm using it for personal use I have had TH55s in the past and I might consider another one as they are a little less thirsty and I only carry one passenger usually.

plumberpilot1@aol.com
Ricky
Plumberpilot
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:08 pm
Location: Va. USA

Postby HELO » Sun May 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Plumberpilot wrote:Hi Helo

Let me know a little about your 269As. I've got a nice D that is current and I'm using it for personal use I have had TH55s in the past and I might consider another one as they are a little less thirsty and I only carry one passenger usually.

plumberpilot1@aol.com
Ricky



oNE IS "CHERRY".. LOW time on all components, everything half life or better. Bought from a school, with a file cabinet full of records from day one!!
TWO is out of annual, with mid life to high time on components. Used to be a sprayer. Runs perfectly though. Needs cluster fitting mod.
BOTH have excellent blades !! Main and tail just through OH and inspection.

I'd value # 1 at 75K, and #2 at 48k
HELO
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:34 am
Location: Grandview, TX.

Postby adam32 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:26 pm

HELO wrote:
Plumberpilot wrote:Hi Helo

Let me know a little about your 269As. I've got a nice D that is current and I'm using it for personal use I have had TH55s in the past and I might consider another one as they are a little less thirsty and I only carry one passenger usually.

plumberpilot1@aol.com
Ricky



oNE IS "CHERRY".. LOW time on all components, everything half life or better. Bought from a school, with a file cabinet full of records from day one!!
TWO is out of annual, with mid life to high time on components. Used to be a sprayer. Runs perfectly though. Needs cluster fitting mod.
BOTH have excellent blades !! Main and tail just through OH and inspection.

I'd value # 1 at 75K, and #2 at 48k


I'd be interested in #2. Could you send me the specs/pics of it?
adam32
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:03 am
Location: California

Re: Looking for "D" model to buy!

Postby mud » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Have a D model for sale. Presently hangared at Jerome, ID. Flown regularly and performs very well at a field elevation of 4000 ft. Licensed through Feb. '09. Is presently on low skids, have high skids and floats for it although the floats have never been installed. All new clutch shoes and springs installed in Feb. '08. Only component close on time out is TT pins, less than 80 hrs to go. Engine is excellent, less than 500 hours since major, compression is 74 on one cyl. and 78 or better on the rest. No leaks.
This ship has been listed at $89K in barnstormers and TAP. We are open to offers. Have a trailer and can transport for expenses +. If you have any interest let me know. Mark Murdock home (907) 247 6288 cell (907) 617-3511 email mfmudrock@att.net
mud
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:11 pm
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska


Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron