A new member with a new Hiller purchase

General talk about the Hiller helicopter

Re: A new member with a new Hiller purchase

Postby Maplewood Farm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 pm

I bought an overhauled oil cooler, thinking mine might have a problem, but the oil temp still approached the red line on a 85 degree day. I was told by a reliable source that the AirWolf Remote probably would not make much of a difference, although you up the oil capacity about a quart. I also was told there is a STC for a Bell 47 cooler that does work but the mounting would have to be changed. Comments would be appreciated. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Maplewood Farm » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Greetings, My Hiller is in for an annual. It was running well, hopefully it will not require anything other than routine inspections. I installed a rebuilt oil cooler, but the temp was still near the red line. That was $675 for a learning experience. I decided to go with the Airwolf remote oil filter( $1300) it is not installed yet, will do it on the oil change. I'll give the details on the purchase and results at a later time, (another learning experience) Flew the Cub this morning. Need to mow the runway and lawn. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Maplewood Farm » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Greetings, much has happened since I last posted, perhaps someday I will explain. Does anyone have a way to track the main rotor blades electronically without purchasing the expensive equipment. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Maplewood Farm » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Greetings, I would like to track the main rotor blades and try to reduce the vibration condition for a smoother ride. Has anyone used the Dyna Vibe or other unit to accomplish this? I would appreciate any comments. Thanks, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby nhraracer90 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Our mechanic can do a track and balance on the blades. He has had good luck in the past
nhraracer90

Postby Maplewood Farm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:38 pm

Thank you for the reply. I will keep it in mind. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Postby Maplewood Farm » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Greetings, My Hiller is in for a annual. Decided to work on some out of balance conditions, using a Vibrex system. When adjustments were made, the ground run and hover were excellent, but the flight check was bad with an excessive "Hiller Hop. When adjustments were made for that the flight conditions were only very slightly improved, but the hover and ground became much worse. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Regards, Charlie
Maplewood Farm

Previous

Return to Hiller Talk